High performance is always a primary goal of Yii 1.x and Yii2.0.
What is Yii?
Yii is a high performance, component-based PHP framework for rapidly developing modern Web applications. The name Yii can be considered as the acronym for Yes It Is!. Yii 2 inherits the main spirit behind Yii for being a simple, fast and highly extensible PHP framework.
Best Of Yii
- Yii is a generic Web programming framework
- Yii can be used for developing all kinds of Web applications based on PHP
- Yii is component-based architecture and sophisticated caching support
- Yii is especially suitable for developing large-scale applications.
such as portals, forums, content management systems (CMS), e-commerce projects, RESTful Web services, and so on
- Yii implements the MVC (Model-View-Controller) design pattern
- Strong core developer team
- Forum support available in yii site
- ActiveRecord Supporting Relational
- Assets And Script Management
- CSRF Tokens for security
- Error Handling
- Extension Organization
- i18n support
- Multi-tier caching support
- Namespaces, Traits features available
- NoSQL databases
- Pure OOP-based framework
- Query builders
- RESTful API
- Security Helper
- Sessions storage in database
- URL Manager
- Widgets available like Grid View, List View
Yii 2.0 requires PHP 5.4.0 or above